Coleman Connected Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Coleman, Texas > General News, Events and Announcements > Excerpts from other websites
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brownwood Beekeeper Helps Save Honeybees

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bernadette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brownwood Beekeeper Helps Save Honeybees
    Posted: Jan 31 2018 at 1:28pm
From BigCountryHomepage.com 1/28/2018

Brownwood beekeeper helps save honey bees

By: Claire Kreuz

Posted: Jan 28, 2018 10:08 PM CST

Updated: Jan 28, 2018 10:08 PM CST

Invisible placeholder

BROWNWOOD, Texas (KTAB) - With the honey bee population declining, we need more beekeepers.  

Brownwood beekeeper, Daniel Graham, has always been fascinated with insects.

"Particularly the social insects like the ants, and the wasps and the honey bees.  I always thought their social organization was very interesting," Graham said.

Graham had talked with his girlfriend about becoming a beekeeper for a while.

"My girlfriend bought me the beginner kit, she called my bluff.  She said now we have a place to put the bees," Graham said.

According to Graham the best way to get started is to learn from someone experienced.

"So I found a local guy and he helped me out to get started and off I went," Graham said.

He has been a beekeeper for the last 17 years, and his favorite part of beekeeping is, of course, the honey.

"Extracting honey, harvesting the honey and eating the honey and sharing the honey," Graham said.

He also loves to share his passion.

"The man who taught me said he was happy to share what he knew but he wanted me to pass it on also," Graham said.

So he looks to share his knowledge with others.

"So I will take just about any opportunity, any invitation to come speak about honey bees," Graham said.

He also addresses an underlying problem, we need more beekeepers.

"The honey bees are actually in trouble right now," Graham said.

Graham does bee removals and offers classes in the fall for those interested in becoming a beekeeper.

Click here to read the original article.

Bernadette
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic