Coleman Connected Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Coleman, Texas > The city of Coleman, Texas > Mayor's Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Computer Breach At City Hall?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kay Joffrion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Computer Breach At City Hall?
    Posted: Apr 22 2015 at 6:32pm
On April 10th, I requested that the City Manager include an agenda item on the 4-16-15 council meeting pertaining to the recent information I had received that the computers at City Hall had been breached and that the AEPEP contract would be released soon.  He would not add my requested item, so during the 5 minutes at the beginning of the meeting reserved for citizens to speak, I read an email that the City Manager had sent to the council and City Attorney on April 13th:

Mayor,

As you know, once an alleged crime has been brought to our attention and when we are advised that our computer system may have been hacked (breached), we have a responsibility to check out the allegations to make certain that they are fully investigated.  According to the Texas Ranger investigating the case, we have gone as far as we can go unless additional information is brought forward to substantiate that a crime has in fact been committed.  At this point, there is simply no evidence that our system has been breached or that a crime has been committed.

Best Regards,

Kay Joffrion
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic